Senior Housing Project
(Click the image to view a larger version in a new window )
A proposed 32 units of independent living on Co. Rt 12 heading towards Mallory is in the early planning stages in the Village of Central Square. It is being called Waterworks Landing. The proposed housing would provide a secure local residence for seniors 55 and older. The planned two-story building would include an elevator and indoor corridors as well as emergency pull cord sin the bathroom and bedrooms. They also include air conditioning, heat and hot water in the rental fee. There would be two community rooms, a management office, laundry facility and possibly a pond with fountain on the grounds.
The company Two Plus Four in partnership with the Oswego County Housing Development Council would maintain everything. Susan Kimmel, President of Two Plus Four, is working closely with the village to create a beneficial asset for the village. The vision for Central Square includes green technology as well as preserves some of the history of the site.
However, before this project can be finalized, funding must be secured. On February 10, 2010 an application was made to the Division of Housing and Community Renewal as well as NYS housing for housing trust funds, federal home funds and federal tax credits. The proposed project is about $7 million.
Another great feature is that the proposed housing would be a guaranteed senior development for a minimum of 50 years with the possibility of 100 years. Some of the plans include possibly using the community rooms for programs such as meals on wheels, exercise area, displays areas, blood pressure clinics or nutritional training. The community benefits and possibilities are numerous.
Applications will be mailed to the inquiry list in November 2011
- Two Plus Four Management Company has received funding to move ahead with the Water Works Landing Project.
- It will be for Seniors, 55 years of age or older. All household members must meet the age guidelines.
- Income Limits:
- 1 person household-$27,060 annual gross income
- 2 person household-$30,900 annual gross income
- Amenities: Elevator, Laundry facilities on both floors, Cable TV and High Speed Internet
- Pets: One pet per household-must be under 30 pounds (fully grown)
- One Bedroom-$536 includes heat and hot water
- Two bedroom-$646 includes heat and hot water
- Estimated utilities paid by tenant not including cable TV, phone or internet:
- One bedroom-$38
- Two bedroom-$46
Opening-Spring of 2012
For more Information call- Two Plus Four Management 437-2178
View the project proposal (PDF)