Formerly: St. Agnes & St. Michael
Established in 1928
Address (Parish Center): 592 S. Main St., Central Square, NY 13036
Phone: (315) 676-2898
Pastor: Father Christopher Celentano
Services: Saturday 5:30 pm Vigil (at Parish Center); Sunday 9:00 a.m. (at parish center)
Evangelization & Confirmation:Daniel Reynolds
Brief History: In 1927, Herman Goettel built St. Michael’s Catholic Church for about 16 families. Father O’Brien from Cicero was the first priest to serve in the new church building. After 1950, the number of Catholic families increased to the point where it was necessary to add a wing on each side of the original structure. In May 1976, the membership was more than 1,000. The parish center was built on the Getman property. In 2012 St. Michael's linked with St. Agnes under one pastor.
Thrift Store and Food Pantry
The Downstairs Scotty at St. Michael's Parish CenterAddress: 592 South Main Street Central Square, NY 13036
General Info: Thrift shop and food pantry located on South Main Street in the basement of the St. Michael's Parish Center.
Hours: open Mondays and Fridays 9:00am -4:00pm
History: Starting in 1975 with three tables, Deacon Matzke and wife Joyce began the Downstairs Scotty. Today the Downstairs Scotty fills the basements of the St. Michael's Church. Twenty volunteers provide food, clothing, books and more to those in need and share the donated articles with other organizations. The Downstairs Scotty feeds many hungry families, aids victims of fire and other emergencies. The success of the Downstairs Scotty is shared also with St. Michael parishioners, Community Church School boys and girls, the Boy and Girl Scouts, the Post Office and many monthly donations.