Voter Registration & Elections
The Mayor position, Trustee positions and Justice position are all elected positions (However the terms vary). Village elections are held in June of each year. You must be a register voter and village resident to vote in a village election. Voting takes place at the village offices.
Qualifications to register to vote:
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you file this form (note: you must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote);
- live at your present address at least 30 days before an election;
- not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction and;
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
Qualifications to vote by absentee ballot:
- unavoidably absent from your county or, if a resident of the city of New York absent from said city, on Election Day;
- unable to appear at the polls due to illness or disability;
- a patient in a Veterans Administration Hospital;
- detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than a felony;
New York State Voter Registration Form
Absentee Ballot Application
New York State Board of Elections