Home   |   About Central Square   |   FAQ   |   Photo Gallery   |   Contact Us

FAQ- Frequently Asked Questions

1.  What do I get for my village tax dollars?  Living in the Village of Central Square comes with an expectation of a better standard of living and quality of life.  The Village takes this seriously.  Your village tax dollars help support contracts with our ambulance company-SOVAC, our Library and the Town of Hastings and the service they provide.  Tax dollars also help maintain the Summer Recreation Program, Parks, Community Events, sidewalks & roads, village staff & offices, Part-time Police Department, Court System, street lighting and Christmas Decorations.  Obviously this is just a short list of all we get for our tax dollars as part of living in the village.

2.  Court Questions:  Each year our village offices receive hundreds of call regarding our court including; when is court, what time, how and where do I pay my fine, etc.  Our village court is separate from our village office so please direct all court related calls to our court clerk at (315) 668-8228.  Contacting the village offices or leaving a message there unfortunately will not be able to answer your questions or get you through any quicker.  You can also check out the court webpage by clicking HERE.  Thank you for your patience. 

3.  Sewer Bills:  (Utility Benefit Assessment & Sewer Billing) Where do I make payments for my sewer bill?  When should I receive the bill?  Answers to these questions can be found on our website by clicking HERE

How to handle the sewer bill if you are selling/buying a home in the village.  Answer: Sewer and water assessment charges are NOT part of the village tax bill, they are billed separately.  

4.  Village Tax Bills: Where do I make payments for my village taxes?  Who do I make the check out to? Answers to these questions can be found on our website by clicking HERE

5. Building Permits:  Who do I call for a building permit?  The village has a part time code enforcement officer.  Please call the village office at (315) 668-2558 to reach Mr. Hodge or leave a message for him.  To answer this question and others please visit that part of our website by clicking HERE. 

6.  Am I in the Village and the Town? The Village of Central Square is in the Town of Hastings.  However, a Central Square address could be outside of the village also.  If your address is Central Square, you could live in the Town of Hastings or the Town of West Monroe.  If you are outside the village – your town related questions can be answered by the town with which you reside in.  Town Of Hastings:  668-6191 or Town of West Monroe: 668-8314‎

7.  Oswego County Government Directory (2009):  Unfortunately we can not answer questions for other municipalities.  Please click HERE for a directory of those including their phone numbers.

8.  I was wondering how to apply for STAR status on our home? You need to apply for this through the Town Of Hastings. You can speak with someone in the assessor's office at the town of Hastings building (315) 668-3682. However the clerks office at the Town of Hastings (315) 668-2456 may also be able to send the form needed to apply.

Documents in PDF (Portable Document Format) format require a PDF viewer to read them. The images below are links to three free PDF readers.
Foxit Reader Sumatra Reader Adobe Reader